Microsoft Commerce Server, Ascentium Commerce Server, CommerceServer.Net, SiteCore Commerce
In 2011 Ascentium purchased Cactus Commerce along with the Microsoft Commerce Server business, they re-branded the software to Ascentium Commerce Server. Eventually becoming CommerceServer.net then being aquired by SiteCore, the last version under Microsoft was released in 2013.
- Microsoft has no support options available
- We can not only support, but host Commerce Server
- Dark Lake offers multiple platform migration options
- No Longer PCI Compliant
- Mainstream Support Ended July 8th, 2014.
- Extended Support ended July 9th, 2019
SiteCore Commerce was the evolution of Microsoft Commerce Server. Through acquistion and improvement little is left of the original commerce system. View our combined Commerce Server lifecycle matrix here.
- Limited Support Options Available
- Upgrade's Difficult and Costly
- Annual maintenance costs overly burdensome.
- Throughout evolution, feature reduction occoured.
- Support offered through Site Core by subscription
- Customization is difficult to maintain through versions
- Dark Lake has several CMS/E-Commerce options.
Commerce Server Support End Dates
Sitecore Commerce Server
Sitecore Commerce Server 11.4 31-Dec-2022
Sitecore Commerce Server 11.3 01-Feb-2022
Sitecore Commerce Server 11.2 31-Dec-2021
Sitecore Commerce Server 11.1 01-Oct-2020
Sitecore Commerce Server 11.0 01-Aug-2020
Ascentium Commerce Server
CommerceServer.net Commerce Server 10–10.1 01-Jan-2019
Ascentium Commerce Server 2009 R2 SP1 01-Jul-2019
Ascentium Commerce Server 2009 R2 01-Jul-2019
Ascentium Commerce Server 2009 01-Jul-2019
Microsoft Commerce Server
Commerce Server 2009 R2 09-Jul-2019
Commerce Server 2009 09-Jul-2019
Commerce Server 2007 Service Pack 2 12-Jul-2016
Commerce Server 2007 Service Pack 1 14-Jul-2009
Commerce Server Support
Contact us for all your commerce server support needs.
The History of Commerce Server
January 2000The primary feature of Commerce Server is its tight integration with Microsoft’s Internet Information Server and SQL Server. It acts as middleware between the two for the Web sites managed through it. Based on ASP, MSCS2000 consists of 4 major systems. Profiling, Product Catalog, Targeting and Business Process (Orders) System.
April 2002Commerce Server 2002
July 20122009 & 2009R2
We're a premier solution provider, innovation and excellence are our core values.